Welcome to Switzerland and to becoming a Switzerland Certified Specialist.
What is the ‘Switzerland Travel Academy’?
The Switzerland Travel Academy offers you an Electronic learning (eLearning) platform, educating members on practical information on how and where to travel in Switzerland, enhancing travel agents to plan and market trips to Switzerland. In a sense, eLearning is all about convenience – thanks to computers and the Worldwide Web, eLearning content is available anywhere at any time and is centered on the learner, personalized and customized. Furthermore electronic delivery allows for immediate feedback and gratification – helping motivate travel agents to become a Certified Specialist.
The course is divided into 7 seminars that you can study at your own pace. The first provides a detailed overview of the country, the rest focuses on various topics of use for the planning and selling trips to Switzerland:
1 Welcome to Switzerland
2 Switzerland’s Destinations
Each seminar requires approximately 2 to 4 hours of study. The final exam consist of 10-30 questions per seminar (seminar 1 to 7 -> total 140), all need to be answered correctly in order to pass. Every semester they have maximum two chances per seminar to pass the exam. Once they complete all the final examinations they will become a Switzerland Certified Specialist.
What are your benefits as a travel agent after achieving certification of a Switzerland Certified Specialist?
- The course is offered free of charge to the travel industry
- You can use the Academy for educational purpose only, or you can become a Switzerland Certified Specialist by taking the test.
- Exclusive invitations to Switzerland Travel workshops in China with Swiss suppliers and key partners of Switzerland Tourism offering updates on destinations and products and give you the opportunity to network with other Switzerland Certified Specialists.
- Receipt of individual certification, enabling clients to recognize the knowledge and specialization as a fully trained and qualified Switzerland Specialist.
- Rights to use Certified Specialist logo for letters/brochures/internet.
- Invitation to staff training seminars and exclusive Switzerland events held in China.
- Integration in Switzerland Tourisms marketing activities
- Receive the latest up-dates of Switzerland with the newsletter of Switzerland Tourism
- Enjoy many more travel and booking benefits and prizes
Who is eligible to register and enroll in the Switzerland Travel Academy?
The Switzerland Travel Academy is open to a limited amount of experienced Travel Agents, Tour Operotors and Land Operators selected by Switzerland Tourism.
The selection includes:
Individuals working for Travel Agencies approved by CNTA (China National Tourism Administration) to handle outbound travel from China.
Individuals working for land operators who are members of Switzerland Tourism and listed on the recommend land operator list of Switzerland Tourism.